There are several open opportunities for postdoctoral research within the groups bellow.
Please contact the corresponding responsible for inquiries.
1) Laboratory of Coherent Manipulation of Atoms and Light at the University of Sao Paulo
The Laboratory of Coherent Manipulation of Atoms and Light at the University of Sao Paulo, a member of INCT-IQ, is looking for motivated young doctors to join the group.
We have scholarships postdoctoral FAPESP (R $ 5,333.40/m), linked to thematic project, for projects in the area of Quantum Information, Quantum Optics and Atomic Physics.
2) Group of Entanglement and Quantum Properties of Light (EnLight) - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
The EnLight group is offering two post-doc positions for immediate hiring. The fellowship includes a R$3.300,00 monthly reimbursement plus R$12.000,00 per year of research grant exclusively for the fellow. The fellowship runs for three years (foreigners have two years guaranteed and the third year is conditioned on acquiring a permanent visa in Brazil).
The candidate cannot accumulate this fellowship with another income source and must have acquired his/her PhD degree in the last five years.
The Research areas are:
- Characterization of Entanglement and the geommetry of quantum states
- Entanglement Quantification and measurement
- Decoherence and Disentanglement
- Entanglement in systems of identical particles
- Cavity QED in atoms and solid state systems
- Quantum properties of light
- Coupled cavities and simulation of quantum many body systems
- Entanglement and theory of resources
- Shannon Quantum Theory
- Quantum distinguishability under restrained measurement classes
- Quantum Complexity Theory
- Complexity of Quantum Hamiltonians and Fundamental states
- Generation of multipartite entangled photons
- Entanglement in transverse degrees of freedom of photons
- Non-classical effects in two-photon states
- Effects of turbulence on entangled photons
- Experimental Quantum Information
The group includes Researches: Marcelo França Santos, Marcelo Terra Cunha and Fernando Brandão (theory) and Carlos Monken and Sebastião Pádua (experiments)
For more information, please contact Marcelo França at email@example.com
3)Quantum Information group at the Federal Fluminense University
There are postdoc opportunities at the Quantum Information group of the Federal Fluminense University (), in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The positions are to work at the interface between condensed matter and quantum information theory, under joint supervision of Prof. Thiago de Oliveira (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Prof. Marcelo Sarandy (email@example.com). Candidates with other backgrounds are also welcome to apply and interaction with other members of the group is also possible.
The group is part of the Brazilian National Institute for Science and Technology of Quantum Information (INCT-IQ). The fellowship is for a period of 3 years and includes a net monthly income of R$ 3,300.00 as well as a reasonable amount of funds for travel and for inviting collaborators.
Niterói is a city just across the Guanabara Bay from Rio de Janeiro. It is sixth most populous city in the state and the highest Human Development Index (for information about the city, see here ). We observe that Brazil is currently offering a number of opportunities for permanent positions and this may be a good start.
Interested candidates should provide a CV with a list of publications and a brief statement of research interests. Applications should be sent either to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com by December 1, 2011, but late applications may be considered until positions are filled.