“Quantum Mechanics“, Volume I, Claude Cohen-Tannoudji, Bernard Diu, Franck Laloë (chapters 1-7)
Evaluation Criterion (approval strategy)
The evaluations of the homework will be done through 7 tests (T1 to T7). The tests will be about one of the problems (or part of it) of the homework lists (each list has 7 to 9 exercises of the text book). The grades obtained in the 3 examinations (P1, P2 e P3) and the grades obtained in the 7 tests are used to evaluate the performance of the student. For this, we take
If M is greater or equal to 7 (seven), the student is approved and does not need to take de final examination (the final grade MF is equal to M)
If M is smaller than 7 (seven), the student needs to take the Final Examination (E) e its final grade is the average
The student will be approved, if MF is greater or equal to 5 (five).
Calendar for Examinations and Tests (2o. semester de 2018)
- Examination 1 (P1): 12/09 (Wednesday) about chapters 1 and 2
- Examination 2 (P2): 24/10 (Wednesday) about chapters 3 and 4
- Examination 3 (P3): 28/11 (Wednesday) about chapters 5, 6 and 7
- Test 1 (T1): 15/08 (Wednesday) about exercises 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and 7 of chapter 1
- Test 2 (T2): 05/09 (Wednesday) about exercises 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10 and 11 of chapter 2
- Test 3 (T3): 03/10 (Wednesday) about exercises 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10, and 12 of chapter 3
- Test 4 (T4): 22/10 (Monday) about exercises 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7 of chapter 4
- Test 5 (T5): 31/10 (Wednesday) about exercises1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7 of chapter 5
- Test 6 (T6): 21/11 (Wednesday) about exercises 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 of chapter 6
- Test 7 (T7): 26/11 (Monday) about exercises 1 and 2 of chapter 7
#Obs. The tests will be applied during the first or last twenty/thirdy minutes of the classes. Some of the exercises require reading complements of the text book (topics at the end of each chapter of the text book).
Final Examination – 12/12 (Wednesday) about chapter 1 to 7
#Obs. The students will have the right to disconsiderer the smallest grade of the tests, if they make the corrections of all their evaluations. The correction is free for consultation and it is about everything the student did wrong. The grade for the correction is 10% of the complementary grade and it will be added to the grade of each evaluation. So, for instance, if a student took 6.0 in one evaluation, the grade can become 6.4, if the student make a proper correction. Return the evaluations and correction (separate document) according to the deadline stablished for each case.